Welcome to Nyby!
Nyby makes it possible to connect people in need of help with volunteers in the community. To get started you have to download the app and register by using your phone number. Follow the steps beneath to get started. NB! The pictures in this guide are in Norwegian, but the steps are identical for users of any languages. Follow the steps carefully and you will be ready to get started in no time!
This guide is made using an iPhone device, but the same steps apply for Android devices.
Download the app in App Store or Google Play
- Click on the App Store icon on your phone. If you have an Android device you click on the Google Play icon
- Search for "nyby"
- Click on "Get" to download Nyby
- Open the app
- Type in your phone number and click on the blue arrow
- You will get a text message with a four-digit code, type the code in the field on your screen. NB! This code is valid for 5 minutes, if you exceed the 5 minutes you will have to type in your phone number again to receive a new code
- Type in your name and click on the blue arrow
- Type in your email address and click on the blue arrow
- You will now get a choice between manually choosing a city or place, or to use your current position. You can choose which option suits you the best. It is very important that you complete this step as you need to be connected to a community in order to join a group. If you are not in a group you will not be able to volunteer or ask for help from others.
- If you chose the option "Use my current location", you will now get asked if you want to give Nyby permission to access your location. Click "Allow while using the app". By choosing this option you will be able to find and join groups near you
- Read through the terms and conditions and click "I agree". If you do not accept you will not be able to use the app. If you have any questions regarding the terms and conditions, do not hessitate to reach out
- It is your choice whether you want to allow notifications, but we strongly recommend that you do. By accepting notification you will get notified when people ask for help, or when someone responds to your requests
You are now registered on Nyby! To get started you need to become a member of a group. Groups are the cornerstones of Nyby, and by being a member of a group you can ask for help from volunteers, or provide help to others. Read this guide to how you can become a member of a group.