In Nyby you have the possibility to create group messages with multiple people in a group, so that multiple people can discuss a topic in plenary. Both admins and group member can create group messages. When a group message is created, everyone who are invited to the message can read and write messages to the group.
The person who created the group message will be assigned as administrator for the group message, and can therefore add or remove people from the conversation
Creating a group message
- Launch the app and click on "Messages" on the menu bar on the bottom of the page
- Click on the write message-icon in the top-right corner of the page (see picture above)
- Search for people you want to add. When you find the person you want to add, click on their name. Continue this process until you have added everyone you wish to add to the group.
- Click "Ok" when you have added everyone
- The group message is created. Click on "Give the chat a name" to give a name to the chat. This can make it easier for everyone to keep their messages tidy, as well as giving a purpose to the group chat
Make changes to the group message
- Go to the message, and click on the wheel-icon in the top-right corner
- Click on "Add people to the chat" to add more people. Here you will be able to search for people to add, when you have clicked on the right people, click "Ok"
- You can leave the chat at any time. If you are the administrator you have to choose a new administrator before you leave
- To add a new administrator, click on the name of the person you wish to make administrator and select "Set as administrator in the chat"
Creating group message:
- Log onto admin.nyby.no
- Click on the message-icon in the top-right corner
- Click on the pencil-icon on the left to create a new message
- Click on the +-symbol to search for people to add to the message. Continue this process until you have added everyone you want to add to the message
- Type your message, and the group message has been created
Make changes to a group message:
- Click on the wheel-icon in the top-right corner of the group message (circled in red in the picture above)
- Here you have the possibility to add more members, change the name of the group, leave the group or make someone else the administrator
- To make someone else the administrator, move the pointer over their name so that three blue dots appear. Click on the blue dots and select "Make administrator"